· 4-6 years of technical writing experience
· Should have hands-on experience of using tech writing tools like Madcap Flare, Confluence, Robohelp, Framemaker. Also, experience on multimedia tools like Camtasia, Captivate, InDesign etc. will be good
· Should have hands-on experience of working on end-user manuals like User guides, user manuals, online help, installation guides, etc. Preferably on the software product domain
· Should be able to produce high-quality documentation, by working together with Product Management, Engineering and QA teams, that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
· Should be able to analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
· Should be able to understand the need for end-user documentation and build manuals from scratch
· Should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• As part of the Product Documentation team, the candidate will be responsible for all user manuals and online help for SMART by GeP.
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
• Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
• Create and maintain the information architecture
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
• Participate in documentation review processes for ensuring compliance to company’s quality standards
• Share knowledge and experience with the team which assists in improving the quality and usability of our product documentation
• Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
• Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
Why Join us?
GEP is different. It’s a place where individuality is prized and talent respected. We don’t spout jargon, but remain focused on what is real and effective. We are a meritocracy where good ideas and great people get noticed, results matter, and ability and hard work drive achievements.
We recognize people who make a genuine difference by rewarding them well. We’re also a learning organization, actively looking for people to help shape, grow and continually improve us.
Are you one of us?